Thesaurus Master™ - Taxonomy and Metadata Management Made Easy
Thesaurus Master® is a cutting edge software tool for taxonomy and metadata management. A controlled vocabulary is absolutely necessary if you want precise document indexing and accurate information retrieval. Whether you develop this vocabulary (term list, authority file, thesaurus) yourself or obtain it whole or in part from external sources, Data Harmony®'s Thesaurus Master puts you in control of the entries, the hierarchy, and the conditions of use.
Thesaurus Master lets you:
- Create and/or import the terms you use
- Define the scope of term use for document indexing in the rule base
- Fine tune and refresh your definitions easily as terms evolve
- Maintain hierarchical consistency while adding terms at any level
- Collaborate with colleagues from around the world using the WebThes®
- Increased productivity for human editors
- Greater satisfaction and enhanced user experience for database users
- No hassle taxonomy management
Thesaurus Master also:
- Stand-alone software for taxonomy management
- Accommodates formal thesaurus structure of Broader Term, Narrower Term, Use and Used For Terms, History, Related Terms, Scope Notes, and definitions
- Lets project administrators add custom fields
- Enables restricted access to maintenance controls for database integrity
- Can be used in conjunction with M.A.I. (Machine Aided Indexer) and XIS® (XML Intranet System) to enhance your metadata management capabilities
- Adheres to thesaurus standards ISO 2788 (monolingual), ISO 5964 (multilingual), and NISO Z39.19
The optional Notation add-on Thesaurus Master also allows you to order your terms as you want—process order, chronological order, outline order, sequence order, conventional order.
Streamlined Taxonomy Management
Thesaurus Master streamlines all aspects of thesaurus and taxonomy management: development, construction, and maintenance. Thesaurus Master is designed for ease of use, no technical skills or special software knowledge is required.
Global Collaboration and Remote Taxonomy Management
You can also work in Thesaurus Master remotely connecting through WebThes, a full-featured version of Thesaurus Master that runs in a standard web browser. This feature allows you to manage your taxonomy or thesaurus from anywhere you please and also collaborate with colleagues from around the world.
Pre-Built and Custom Taxonomies Available from Access Innovations
Don't already have a taxonomy? Access Innovations has industry-specific taxonomies available to license. These taxonomies can also be customized for your unique collections.
All training in the use of Thesaurus Master and best practices for taxonomy management will be provided by to you by Access Innovations.